Thursday 22 May 2008

sound of music was on in the summer time i remember we each had one of the new Raleigh shopper bikes from currys saddler street i loved mine but not the colour.. green with tartan basket on the back,
my cousin had the best .. hers was red..

we rode all over, freedom..
down to Croxdale, as we neared the top of the bank we stopped looked down at the view.. stunning.. all the trees were out in full leaf.. sun splitting the trees..Burn hall looked beautiful i thought id love to be a nun like Julie Andrews and live in there.
it would have got me away from school.....hated needlework.. my embroidery was never right for the teacher....
...gave me the shingles she did....doctor said "are you worrying about anything"? i said "yes.. needlework"....he didnt have a magic wand either..

when i was young i never thought that anyone could make anything better..
i just thought this is the way it is..life.. i had to find ways of solving my own problems.. mam worked..when she came in she was busy.. i just rattled around myself but i was happy.. at least what i thought happy was..
reminds me of the famous saying .. "whatever love is"

anyway..then in winter the scenery changed.. cold dark bleak i changed my mind..thought its big..might be dusty.. sure to be cold... and id just get chillblains...
mam was so pleased cos id yarped on about it for months...

No comments: